CERTIFICATES AND ACCREDITATIONS
What certification will you receive?
You become a DNAFit Certified Trainer.
Working alongside Discovery Learning, DNAFit™ has developed a specialist course for fitness professionals.
This course is based on the relationship between genetics, diet and exercise, to enable fitness professionals to personalise their clients’ eating and exercise programmes for maximum effect.
This is a game-changing product/course that will give you a deep understanding of the role genetics play in our health and fitness. Use this knowledge to help your clients achieve their goals more quickly and easily, and get to know exactly what works for your client straight away, without lengthy trial and error.
A Personal Trainer who completes this course will receive 6 CPD points and have the ability to advertise themselves as a DNAFit accredited professional.
In short, the DNAFit Fitness Course will allow you to offer your clients:
- Personalised method of exercising and living
- Identify genetic strengths and weaknesses
- Ability to achieve goals quicker and easier
Who is it for?
- Personal trainers
- Sport coaches and performance analysts
- Sports scientists
- Professional athletes
- Doctors and physicians
- Individuals interested in investigating the link between genes and fitness
When you become a Certified DNAFit Trainer and joining DNAFit's Education Institute your name will be featured on the DNAFit website and can be easily found by clients searching for trainers capable of DNA analysis.
The DNAFit Trainer Certificate is a great addition for fitness professionals willing to diversify their offer or looking for additional income streams.
What will I learn?
The course provides a great introduction into genetic science giving you good understanding of how to interpret client’s DNA results and how to implement a training program based on that knowledge. You’ll be able to stand out from the generic personal trainer with cutting edge scientific knowledge and techniques.
You will learn to create genetic profiles of your clients and use it to maximise client’s results minimising risks of injury at the same time. You’ll also learn how to find out why some clients respond to your exercise programs, and why others don’t.
You’ll also understand more about food intolerances, including why some people lose the ability to tolerate milk with age, the difference between coeliac and gluten intolerances, and whether adopting a gluten free diet will improve a specific client’s athletic performance.
- Introduction to genetic testing and sports genetics
- The science: Gene, gene variants and SNP (Single Nucleotide Polymorphism)
- Data emerging from the field of fitness genetics
- How do lifestyle, fitness and genomes interact?
- Personalisation: Optimising your genetics
- DNAFit gene information and variations inc. power & endurance genes, injury and recovery genes & aerobic potential genes
- The prescription of appropriate recommendations based on genetics
- Use of recovery modulates to accelerate the body’s recovery process
- Injury risk analysis: prevention of and recovery from injuries
- Food intolerances: coeliac and gluten intolerance
- Interpreting the reports to benefit your clients
- The DNAFit Portal
What is included?
The price includes the 22 Module Online Course your own genetic test, Fitness and Nutrition genetic report plus recommended diet plan.
What support is provided?
Learners will have access to our specialist student support team via email, phone or Skype within normal working hours. They will support you with any issues you encounter while using our online learning system.
Can I do this from my country?
Yes. You can take this DNAFit course from anywhere in the world.
Are there any pre-requisites?
No previous qualifications are required to study this course, but learners should be comfortable reading English. Learners must be aged eighteen years or over to enrol on this course.
It's an online course run by DNA Fit
There is no formal assessment however you would complete 2 Case Studies.