CERTIFICATES AND ACCREDITATIONS
Upon successful completion of this course students will gain a Discovery Learning Certificate in Business & Marketing and 4 REPs points
Is this course recognised?
Yes, the Awarding Organisation for this course is Skills Active the Sector Skills Council for Health and Fitness.
Business & Marketing
This course will provide you with business critical skills and knowledge to build your commercial enterprise into a highly profitable and professional business.
This business course is not like any other out there. You will be learning from those that have done it and have the scars to prove it. The course author wrote: “All of the things that I would have dearly loved to have known 12 years ago when I set out I have brought to this course. All my mistakes (of which there are plenty) and all the things I could have done better if only I knew are all included.” All that I have learned and continue to learn as a Director I have incorporated and I believe this course is an absolute must for all potential new business owners and managers working in our industry.”
The course is also co-presented by one of the UK's most successful new Personal Trainers, who trained with Discovery and now runs his own growing empire of personal training clients and PT's. Don't settle for any other business course, take it from those that really know, and you won't regret it.
What Will I Learn?
This REPs CPD course will develop students in the specific principles of starting, managing and growing a small business, specifically it will include:
- Sole trader or a Private Ltd Company (Pros and cons)
- Financial Management VAT & other TAX, Borrowing, budgeting and forecasting
- Bookkeeping and accounting - essential to get it right
- Managing Risk, Insurance, contingencies, offsetting risk
- Growing your business, organic growth, rapid expansion and the trade off
- Maximising your customer base, retention, care and exceeding expectation
- Employing staff - what you absolutely must and must not do
- Health and Safety - essential to get it right
- Sales & Marketing, maximising profitability, setting out marketing plans
- Brand building, brand awareness, brand protection
- Promoting your business, key marketing techniques,
- e-commerce, Web sites, sticky web site, SEO, pay per click, social marketing
Who is this course for?
How Long is this course?
This course requires learners to complete 2-3 hours of tutor supported home study followed by a one day practical tutorial led by a leading industry business expert.
Where does this course run?
Learners are able to enrol onto this course at our West London, Manchester & Birmingham venues.
What support will I get?
Once booked on to the course learners will be given access to the student zone so they can familiarise themselves with the syllabus, they will also given the contact details for our student support team who will assist them with any problems outside of the classroom, and our in house tutors will be there to support you on the day of your course.
Are there any prerequisites:
This is a CPD course and as such is designed for those fitness professionals registered at level 2 or above.
This course is available in online format only.
What assessments will I need to complete?
There is no formal assessment for this course, learners will be certified upon completion of the practical tutorial day.