We are a registered ELCAS center
Military Course Advise:
Any questions you have about which course might be best for you or the funding process, do call us to go through your options.
If you have previously served in the armed forces and are looking to resettle you could aim to become an armed forces course provider yourself. It is always good to have a few options when it comes to your new potential career.
Over a number of years, we have had a large number of ex-military personnel looking to focus their new career on becoming a personal trainer and have chosen Discovery Learning as their trusted course provider.
Our armed forces courses are available once you have started the resettlement period and are available through ELC funding that runs from April to April.
If you have already taken the ALL ARMS PTI course, it means we would be able to equivalate that with a Level 2 Gym Instructor course.
If you would like to go through all available options for you or just have enquiries about the whole process then give our friendly course advisers a call on 0208 543 1017.
How do I claim my ELCAS funding ?
- Firstly, make sure you contact one of our resident ELCAS advisors by calling Discovery Learning on 0208 543 1017. We will make sure you have all the course information you need and provide a breakdown of dates, availability and venues. This will help you fill out the ELC claim form and MOD 1746 form (for those that qualify).
- To complete these forms you can fill in and submit them online here.
- The claim needs to be made a minimum of 25 working days prior to your course start date.
- Your claim is then processed and once approved a CLAIM AUTHORISATION NOTE (CAN form) is sent to you.
- Once you have the CAN form you will need to send it to us by fax (0203 014 7731), email ([email protected]), or post (Unit B 206 TBC, 89 Bickersteth Road, Tooting, London, SW17 9SH). We will get in touch with you once we have received it and you will then pay your 20% contribution for the course.
- You are now booked on your chosen course and will receive confirmation from us as well as all course materials. You can also now log on to the student zone and start your pre-course preparation.