Sports complex with 33-metre pool, fitness and dance studios and all-weather pitches, plus a crèche.
- 33m - 6 Lane Main Pool
- Teaching Pool
- Fitness studio - 140 pieces of equipment
- 3 Dance Studios
- Spin Room
- Virtual Studio
- Health Suite (Sauna and Steam room)
- 8 Badminton Court Main Hall
- Créche and Nursery
- 4 All Weather Pitches
- Clip and Climb Wall
- Level 2 Gym Instructor (Part Time & Full Time)
- Exercise to Music
- Exercise Referral (Part Time)
- Pilates (Part Time)
- Level 3 Sports Massage
- Nutrition for Physical Activity
- Obesity & Diabetes Management
- Personal Trainer Certificate (Part Time & Full Time)
- Indoor Cycling
- Suspension Training
- Core Strength & Stability
- Kettlebell Instructor
- Circuit Training
- First Aid Course
As shown on the map below, there are a few different routes to Stratford Leisure Centre from Stratford-upon-Avon Railway Station, each taking about twenty minutes at normal walking pace:
Tutor: Rob McLaughlin
What you do at Discovery?
I am full time tutor at the Birmingham venue. I deliver Level 2 Fitness Instructor and Level3 Personal Trainer courses. I also teach all the CPDs single day courses – Spin, Kettlebells, Circuits, Sports Nutrition and Suspension training.
What are your Qualifications?
- Level 2 Fitness Instructor
- Level 3 Personal Trainer
- Level 4 PTTLs
- Health Assessment Provider
- Sport Specific & Functional Training
- Indoor Cycling
- Sports Nutrition Instructor
- Active IQ Assessors Qualification
What are your specialist areas?
I specialise in making the courses, interesting, hands on, friendly and enjoyable.
What's your previous experience?
I have working in a variety of fitness centres including, Everyone Active and Nuffield Health as well as smaller independent family run gyms. I have travelled all over the country providing health assessments and health seminars to hundreds of people working for a variety of companies.
What do you like to do for fun?
I am a big film fan and love watching a great action film, over and over again! I love tennis and play when I can and enjoy watching it, just as much. I enjoy cycling when the weather is nice and obviously my real passion is training in the gym.