Discovery Learning is the first fitness training provider in the UK to offer a Level 4 Exercise and Obesity Specialist course, and this is becuase we have more experience of weight and obesity management than any other provider in the industry. Our experience in this arena is unparalleled and we work with both the Department of Health and the local Primary Care Trusts to provide community weight management and obesity interventions through our partner company Weight Mangement Centre.
This exclusive course gives students the chance to become the most qualified Personal Trainer in the UK. The Level 4 Exercise and Obesity Specialist course combines a Level 3 Master Personal Trainer Diploma with the exclusive Level 4 Obesity Course, making the student a true nutritional and exercise specialist.
This programme is designed for individuals who want to work in the field of fitness, public health and all related professions supporting people with weight loss, exercise and weight management. The aim of the course is to develop the student's skills and knowledge to become competent to work with overweight and obese subjects who may also have diabetes or metabolic syndrome. The course will provide expertise on working one on one or in group situations.
Our programme has been developed with Skills Active and leading employers in the industry to ensure you have an elite range of qualifications to be a leading Exercise and Obesity practitioner. This programme is designed to maximise your ability to work with overweight and obese people and to assist with community work.
£2950 - Part
£3249 - Full
Please call for Dates
Please call to Book
Level 4 Exercise and Obesity Specialist Course Content:
Master Personal Trainer Diploma Modules Include:
- Gym Instructor
- Anatomy and physiology
- Programming principles for personal trainers (including special populations and different environments)
- Nutrition and weight management
- Delivering personal training sessions (including functional and portable equipment)
- Advanced Functional Training and Movement Analysis
- Client Lifestyle & Fitness Appraisal (including lifestyle and stress management)
- Postural and Core Stability
- Advanced Flexibility Methods
- Advanced Core Training
- Special Populations: obesity, diabetes and asthma
- Communication, motivational techniques and behaviour Change Strategies
- Business skills
Additional Modules included in the 6 week Master Personal Trainer Diploma:
Level 3 GP and Exercise Referral Course includes:
- Exercise Referral Scheme
- The role of the Department of Health and National Health Service
- How to promote physical activity and health
- Behaviour Change and Management
- Health and lifestyle screening and Fitness Testing
- How to plan, deliver and evaluate an exercise prescription
- How to rehabilitate people with conditions such as; Orthopaedic diseases arthritis and osteoporosis
Level 4 Obesity Management Component:
- An overview of the obesity pandemic
- Obesity & Disease
- Weight Gain - an Explanation
- Exercise for Obese or Diabetic Clients
- Human Behaviour, Changing Habits
- Setting up a Weight Management Intervention
Payment Plan at 7.5% interest
Exercise & Obesity Specialist
Payment Plan at 12.5% interest
Exercise & Obesity Specialist
Please call 0208 543 1017 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about dates for this course.
"I recommend this training course both for its academic and practical content. It will equip its participants with the core essential skills to provide effective and safe weight management advice. The components are rigorously researched and advice is based on the best available evidence and reflects best practice."
Deborah Norman BSc. (Hon) RD
"This high-level course (equivalent NVQ level 4) will be suitable for all candidates with a basic qualification who wish to take their understanding of the topic of obesity to a higher level and to use this knowledge in a practical way. It contains challenging ideas which will be useful for all those who work with clients in many different settings – e.g. dietetics, fitness, sports, teaching, medicine, health promotion, managers."
Dr Peter Stott MA MB BChir FRCGP
Founder member and past Board Member, National Obesity Forum Medical Director, Epsom Downs Integrated care Services