Emergency First Aid at Work Qualification
This course is run in partnership with Coaching & Training Solutions.
Emergency First Aid at Work Learning outcomes:
- What you can do, and what would be expected of you as a first aider.
- Provide knowledge to assist when confronted by any of the following.
- How to carry out Primary and Secondary Assessment.
- Resuscitation (C.P.R.)
- Medical conditions (inc. Choking, Shock, Heart conditions, Bleeding, Epilepsy, Strains/ Sprains, Asthma and Heat/ Cold).
Emergency First Aid at Work Pre-requisites:
- This course is designed for all professionals involved in the fitness industry, including self employed, gym instructors, personal trainers and aerobics instructors.
Emergency First Aid at Work Practical Elements:
- Rolling Casualty from face down to Face up
- Recovery Position
- Casualty Vomiting (Log Role)
- Adult, Child CPR
- Problems with CPR (Barriers)
- First Aid Box
- Bleeding (Bandages)
- Shock, Heart Attack,Stroke,Head injuries
- Fractures (Bandages)
- Epilepsy and Asthma
- Burns,Sprains and Strains
- Adult, Child and choking
Emergency First Aid at Work Assessment:
There is no formative assessment, however learners will be constantly assessed throughout the day through practice and questioning
Emergency First Aid at Work Format of attendance:
6 hours attendance to the course. This will include practical and theory sessions, along with individual and group work
Emergency First Aid at Work Certification:
Upon completion of the course a HSE recognised qualification will be awarded. The qualification is valid for a 3 year period.
This course will provide the learner with an emergency first aid at work qualification. There are no elements of paediatric first aid.