What certification will you receive?
You become DNAFit Certified Trainer.
Working alongside Discovery Learning, DNAFit™ has developed a specialist course for fitness professionals.
This two-day workshop is based on the relationship between genetics, diet and exercise, to enable fitness professionals to personalise their clients’ eating and exercise programmes for maximum effect.
This is a game-changing product/course that will give you a deep understanding of the role genetics play in our health and fitness. Use this knowledge to help your clients achieve their goals more quickly and easily, and get to know exactly what works for your client straight away, without lengthy trial and error.
In short, the DNAFit Fitness Course will allow you to offer your clients:
- Personalised method of exercising and living
- Identify genetic strengths and weaknesses
- Ability to achieve goals quicker and easier
Who is it for?
- Personal Trainers
- Sport Coaches
- Professional Athletes
- Doctors & Physicians
- Individuals interested in investigating the link between genes and fitness
When you become a Certified DNAFit Trainer your name will be featured on the DNAFit website and can be easily found by clients searching for trainers capable of DNA analysis.
The DNAFit Trainer Certificate is a great addition for fitness professionals willing to diversify their offer or looking for additional income streams.
What will I learn?
The course provides a great introduction into genetic science giving you good understanding of how to interpret client’s DNA results and how to implement a training program based on that knowledge.
You will learn to create genetic profiles of your clients and use it to maximise client’s results minimising risks of injury at the same time.
- Introduction to genetic testing and sports genetics
- The science: Gene, gene variants and SNP (Single Nucleotide Polymorphism)
- Data emerging from the field of fitness genetics
- How do lifestyle, fitness and genomes interact?
- Personalisation: Optimising your genetics
- DNAFit gene information and variations inc. power & endurance genes, injury and recovery genes & aerobic potential genes
- The prescription of appropriate recommendations based on genetics
- Interpreting the reports to benefit your clients
- The DNAFit Portal
What is included?
The price includes the two day course (day 1, fitness and day 2, nutrigenetics PLUS your own genetic test, Fitness and Nutrition genetic report plus recommended diet plan.
Are there any pre-requisites?
You need to be over 18 years old to start the course.
It's a two-day course run by DNA Fit
There is no formal assessment on this workshop. You become certified based on attendance.