By, Monika Krawczyk, Discovery Learning’s Office Manager
Work(OUT)aholic?!? Are your friends having sessions with their personal trainer or working out in the gym while you become more and more scared of saying goodbye to your money and calculating the costs?
Here is a short guide of how to keep your finances under control on your way to a perfect, healthy and well-shaped fitness body!
- Get to know your local paths and parks and enjoy the beauty of nature and sunshine. Believe me there is no better feeling than running next to the fast food restaurant and looking at the people with a burger on their plate (even if it is 6.30am – witnesses’ testimony!)
- Get back to your childhood activities at low costs, borrow a skipping rope or the inline skates from your younger sister or cousin. Choose an active holiday, plan the trekking trip yourself, jump into the local lake or river for a refreshing dip!
- Dreading spending a fortune on a dress and heels to get perfect party look? Get your friends to exercise with you even during and evening out! You can have great fun during an ‘80’s aerobics session’ or ‘Dirty Dancing’ themed birthday party. Well… not to mention the ‘Rocky’ or ‘Karate Kid’ for the male audience!
- Want to impress your new partner? Choose an outdoor badminton game or Frisbee—perfect option just for the two of you. And then ask your partner to cook a dinner in return!
- Are you a keen fan of winter sports? Instead of saving every penny for a trip to Alaska or Canada, why don’t you check out one of the local snowboarding slopes or ice-skating rinks. You can hire equipment and still afford to get a few lessons from the personal trainer to polish your skills!
In short remember to keep it as simple as possible – just realise that the less money you spend to get in shape the more pleasure you will get from it along with a healthy and fit body!